The healthcare industry is becoming increasingly reliant on technology. More and more, hospitals, pharmacies, and other private practices are utilizing learning management systems (LMS) to deliver online trainings to staff. Before, these institutions relied upon in-person trainings which were more expensive and difficult to schedule–considering everyone’s varying availability that needed training. Additionally, vital resources and references handed out during trainings were not digitized, so they were more difficult and expensive to replace and update.
The healthcare learning management system by CertCentral provides an easy-to-use online course platform for training administrators to build and deliver comprehensive training programs on vital procedures. These programs can include various forms of multimedia: video files, audio files, PDFs, images, and so much more. Below are the 5 benefits that a strong LMS brings to any healthcare practice.
5 Benefits of LMS for healthcare industry
Easy Certificate Delivery and Renewal
- With a healthcare LMS, it is easier than ever to deliver completion certificates to medical professionals. Set a minimum passing score for your training program, and anyone who meets or exceeds that score will automatically receive a certificate to their email account. This certificate can include the trainee’s name, your institution’s logo and name, the state approval number, a unique certificate ID number, the course name, the number of continuing education credits, and so much more.
- Never have a staff member miss a deadline for certification renewal. Student profiles reveal which medical professional employees have not yet completed their certification courses. Easily send reminders to those students by clicking “send reminder” and ensure that those staff complete their trainings on time.
Strong Tracking Features
- Healthcare institutions are required to demonstrate that employees were trained to comply with federal regulations in order to receive federal funding (Granuzzo, 2015). What better way to easily show that trainings are being conducted at your organization than through an LMS? A healthcare LMS collects big data on course utilization and so much more, and automatically organizes this information into easily readable PDF or Excel files. Don’t waste another minute compiling this information for reports, when your LMS can do so for you.
- Unlike traditional, in-person trainings, you can track user engagement down to the percentage of video watched within trainings. Observe which materials keep users engaged and boost learning outcomes, and which materials are ineffective teaching tools and replace them in minutes. Further, identify employees who excel in trainings and are ready to take on more responsibility and identify those that require extra training materials in order to better fulfill their roles in your organization (Savvidis, 2018).
Rigorous Testing Capabilities
- Ensure medical professional competence by creating comprehensive and rigorous exams delivered after trainees review training materials (Walters, 2005). Mix and match multiple choice, true/false, and yes/no questions to increase the rigor of your program.
- Automated scoring provided by a healthcare LMS saves trainers from the hassle of manual grading and ensures short-term and long-term retention of training materials.
Easy to Deliver More Trainings
- If your healthcare organization subscribes to a cloud-based learning management system, it is likely that pricing is based on the number of active users–not on the number of trainings conducted per month. Therefore, at no extra cost for the healthcare LMS, easily create more trainings on a diverse number of topics specific to your healthcare institution that can improve the quality patient care delivered (Savvidis, 2018).
Easy to Specialize Trainings for Different Departments
- Rather than deliver the same mandatory training to a wide variety of professionals within your healthcare organization–specialize trainings to address specific needs in each department. With a healthcare LMS, it is easy to duplicate trainings and revise certain portions so that they are more engaging to trainees in each department.
- Create a group for each department and deliver department-specific trainings faster than ever.